Team News: Salford City vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Justin Edinburgh will have Josh Koroma fit for the National League opener live on BT Sport
Josh Koroma has shaken off the slight groin injury he had last weekend and will be available for selection for Leyton Orient at Salford City later today.
The teenager has been in fine form throughout the summer and netted in friendlies with Harlow Town, East Thurrock United, Concord Rangers and St Albans City.
Koroma ended up with seven goals during pre-season, but failed to feature against Southend last Saturday due to a groin issue.
It hasn’t prevented the attacker from travelling with the squad to Moor Lane today, however, but he is not guaranteed to start despite his outstanding form.
You may also want to watch:
Boss Justin Edinburgh will have some tricky decisions to make throughout his team at the Ammies.
In defence, Marvin Ekpiteta is pushing for a start following an excellent pre-season and in midfield there are various options.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 7 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
Captain Jobi McAnuff is set to start, but it could be out wide or in the middle of the pitch with Edinburgh spoilt for choice, especially on the wing.
The O’s will have a virtually fully fit squad to choose from, but Matt Harrold is still not 100 per cent after a hamstring problem in March while Dale Gorman only got through 45 minutes on Monday following a fractured ankle last season.