Team News: Salford City vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Justin Edinburgh will have Josh Koroma fit for the National League opener live on BT Sport
Josh Koroma has shaken off the slight groin injury he had last weekend and will be available for selection for Leyton Orient at Salford City later today.
The teenager has been in fine form throughout the summer and netted in friendlies with Harlow Town, East Thurrock United, Concord Rangers and St Albans City.
Koroma ended up with seven goals during pre-season, but failed to feature against Southend last Saturday due to a groin issue.
It hasn’t prevented the attacker from travelling with the squad to Moor Lane today, however, but he is not guaranteed to start despite his outstanding form.
You may also want to watch:
Boss Justin Edinburgh will have some tricky decisions to make throughout his team at the Ammies.
In defence, Marvin Ekpiteta is pushing for a start following an excellent pre-season and in midfield there are various options.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Captain Jobi McAnuff is set to start, but it could be out wide or in the middle of the pitch with Edinburgh spoilt for choice, especially on the wing.
The O’s will have a virtually fully fit squad to choose from, but Matt Harrold is still not 100 per cent after a hamstring problem in March while Dale Gorman only got through 45 minutes on Monday following a fractured ankle last season.