Salsa teacher Scott Cupit does time’ on Trafalgar Square plinth
A SALSA teacher who runs classes at an East End pub has been selected by ballot to perform on the fourth plinth in London’s Trafalgar Square. An interactive hour of swing’ has been created by Scott Cupit on the 15ft high plinth between 6 and 7pm tomorrow (Thurs)
A SALSA teacher who runs classes at an East End pub has been selected by ballot to perform on the fourth plinth in London's Trafalgar Square tomorrow (Thursday).
An interactive hour of 'swing' has been created by Scott Cupit on the 15ft high plinth between 6 and 7pm.
Scott, who runs weekly sessions at the Litten Tree at Old Street in Shoreditch, is bringing 100 of his team of swing dance students and teachers to perform around the plinth while he's on top to encourage Londoners and tourists to join in.
You may also want to watch:
He is well known in dance circles as having been the chief swing choreographer for the Australian version of Strictly Come Dancing.
His Swing Patrol Monday classes have been running at the Litten Tree since February.
The 'fourth plinth' project commissioned by London Mayor Boris Johnson has a different person take their place every hour, 24 hours a day, for 100 days until October 14.
Applications can still be made online here for the remaining three draws.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week