Salsa teacher Scott Cupit does time’ on Trafalgar Square plinth
A SALSA teacher who runs classes at an East End pub has been selected by ballot to perform on the fourth plinth in London’s Trafalgar Square. An interactive hour of swing’ has been created by Scott Cupit on the 15ft high plinth between 6 and 7pm tomorrow (Thurs)
A SALSA teacher who runs classes at an East End pub has been selected by ballot to perform on the fourth plinth in London's Trafalgar Square tomorrow (Thursday).
An interactive hour of 'swing' has been created by Scott Cupit on the 15ft high plinth between 6 and 7pm.
Scott, who runs weekly sessions at the Litten Tree at Old Street in Shoreditch, is bringing 100 of his team of swing dance students and teachers to perform around the plinth while he's on top to encourage Londoners and tourists to join in.
You may also want to watch:
He is well known in dance circles as having been the chief swing choreographer for the Australian version of Strictly Come Dancing.
His Swing Patrol Monday classes have been running at the Litten Tree since February.
The 'fourth plinth' project commissioned by London Mayor Boris Johnson has a different person take their place every hour, 24 hours a day, for 100 days until October 14.
Applications can still be made online here for the remaining three draws.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 9 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park