Salsa teacher Scott Cupit does time’ on Trafalgar Square plinth
A SALSA teacher who runs classes at an East End pub has been selected by ballot to perform on the fourth plinth in London’s Trafalgar Square. An interactive hour of swing’ has been created by Scott Cupit on the 15ft high plinth between 6 and 7pm tomorrow (Thurs)
A SALSA teacher who runs classes at an East End pub has been selected by ballot to perform on the fourth plinth in London's Trafalgar Square tomorrow (Thursday).
An interactive hour of 'swing' has been created by Scott Cupit on the 15ft high plinth between 6 and 7pm.
Scott, who runs weekly sessions at the Litten Tree at Old Street in Shoreditch, is bringing 100 of his team of swing dance students and teachers to perform around the plinth while he's on top to encourage Londoners and tourists to join in.
You may also want to watch:
He is well known in dance circles as having been the chief swing choreographer for the Australian version of Strictly Come Dancing.
His Swing Patrol Monday classes have been running at the Litten Tree since February.
The 'fourth plinth' project commissioned by London Mayor Boris Johnson has a different person take their place every hour, 24 hours a day, for 100 days until October 14.
Applications can still be made online here for the remaining three draws.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 9 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End