Sammy Moore hails Leyton Orient fans ahead of next adventure

Sammy Moore looks to keep possession for Leyton Orient at Portsmouth midway through the 2016/17 seas

Sammy Moore looks to keep possession for Leyton Orient at Portsmouth midway through the 2016/17 season (pic: Simon O'Connor). - Credit: Archant

Midfielder set to join Alex Cisak and many more players in leaving O’s this summer

Alex Cisak in action for Leyton Orient against Mansfield Town at the start of the 2016/17 season (pi

Alex Cisak in action for Leyton Orient against Mansfield Town at the start of the 2016/17 season (pic: Simon O'Connor). - Credit: Archant

Sammy Moore expressed his gratitude to Leyton Orient’s fans last week, as he virtually confirmed his departure from Brisbane Road on Twitter.

The former Wimbledon midfielder took to social media to thank O’s supporters for all their support during his two years in E10.

Moore’s contract expires on June 30 and he is one of many players set to leave the relegated club this summer.

“I just wanted to thank everyone at Leyton Orient FC for their support over the last two seasons,” said Moore.


You may also want to watch:


“Staff and fans have been unreal! There’s been many highs and many lows, but the fans were always 110 per cent behind us – some of the best fans I know.

“Things didn’t work out with the vision I had when I first signed unfortunately, but I’ve met an unreal bunch of lads.

Most Read

“A special thanks to the physio Pete Webb and the medical team for their support in my recovery back into the game from injury.

“Good luck to Orient in the future, they’ll bounce back, but for now I’m going to enjoy the summer with my family and look forward to my next adventure.”

Moore is one of 15 players out of contract at Orient and many more could exit the now National League club due to relegation release clauses in their current deals.

O’s goalkeeper Alex Cisak is set to depart and he also put a message out to the fans on social media recently.

The Australian, who first represented Orient during the 2014/15 campaign on loan before signing permanently the following summer, hailed the supporters.

“O’s fans, it has been a pleasure to play for your wonderful club. Your level of support and commitment has been phenomenal throughout my time here,” said Cisak.

“I sincerely hope that the club can bounce back at the first time of asking next season.”

All of the Orient players out of contract will find out their fate by Saturday and like many before them, will receive a letter from the club confirming they will not receive a new deal.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus