Santa is dashing for diabetes at Greenwich on December 5
I WOULD like to invite people to pull on Santa suits and take part in this year’s 5km London Santa Dash for Diabetes UK at Greenwich Park on December 5. Please contact me to register.
Santa’s age, weight and lifestyle make him a prime example of someone who could be at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. Funds raised from the Santa Dash will help Diabetes UK improve the lives of people with the condition and continue to fund research for a cure.
There are almost 360,000 people diagnosed with diabetes in London and around 70,000 who have Type 2, but don’t know it. If left untreated or not managed properly, diabetes can lead to devastating complications such as heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, amputation and blindness.
London Regional Fundraising Manager
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
Camden Town, NW1 7AA