Santa is dashing for diabetes at Greenwich on December 5
I WOULD like to invite people to pull on Santa suits and take part in this year’s 5km London Santa Dash for Diabetes UK at Greenwich Park on December 5. Please contact me to register.
Santa’s age, weight and lifestyle make him a prime example of someone who could be at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. Funds raised from the Santa Dash will help Diabetes UK improve the lives of people with the condition and continue to fund research for a cure.
There are almost 360,000 people diagnosed with diabetes in London and around 70,000 who have Type 2, but don’t know it. If left untreated or not managed properly, diabetes can lead to devastating complications such as heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, amputation and blindness.
London Regional Fundraising Manager
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 5 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 9 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 10 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
Camden Town, NW1 7AA