Santa is dashing for diabetes at Greenwich on December 5
I WOULD like to invite people to pull on Santa suits and take part in this year’s 5km London Santa Dash for Diabetes UK at Greenwich Park on December 5. Please contact me to register.
Santa’s age, weight and lifestyle make him a prime example of someone who could be at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. Funds raised from the Santa Dash will help Diabetes UK improve the lives of people with the condition and continue to fund research for a cure.
There are almost 360,000 people diagnosed with diabetes in London and around 70,000 who have Type 2, but don’t know it. If left untreated or not managed properly, diabetes can lead to devastating complications such as heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, amputation and blindness.
London Regional Fundraising Manager
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
Camden Town, NW1 7AA