Santa’s Grotto and shopping event part of Canary Wharf’s Christmas plans
Father Christmas takes time out from his busy festive preparations to visit Canary Wharf next month.
Next to the shops and office towers of east London’s financial district, Santa arrives on a sleigh pulled by two reindeer on December 3 and 4.
And children will have plenty of time to tell him their present wish lists.
He will remain “in residence” in Jubilee Place every weekend until Christmas and for the week before.
Those visiting Santa’s Grotto are asked to make a �1 donation to Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton, Newham.
You may also want to watch:
It will be open from 11am to 5pm.
A free “Santa’s Showtime” spectacular also runs in the East Wintergarden on December 3 and 4.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus
Show times are midday, 2pm and 4pm and pre-booking is necessary at www.canarywharf.com.
The Wharf’s shopping malls will hold free art and craft workshops and face-painting for children on December weekends.
And an annual festive shopping event on December 1 combines fashion shows, on-stage entertainment and demonstrations at the Cabot Place and Jubilee Place shopping malls.