Save our high streets’ traders protest at 10 Downing Street
SHOPKEEPERS protest to 10 Downing Street today in their campaign to save local high streets from going under. Their Keep Trade Local’ petition signed by 55,000 traders up and down the country c alls for measures to safeguard shops and the communities they serve
SHOPKEEPERS and small businesses protest to 10 Downing Street today in their campaign to save local high streets from going under.
Their Keep Trade Local’ petition signed by 55,000 traders up and down the country calls for measures to safeguard shops and the communities they serve.
It is being presented to No 10 by the Federation of Small Businesses’ national chairman John Wright.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been hit by a recession that is killing small firms every day,” he said.
“Small businesses have been suffering from Post Office closures, late payers, planning delays, hidden business crime and a tenuous relationship with the banks.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“The onus is now on Local Government to ensure our small firms and high streets thrive.”
The campaign is also going to the Houses of Parliament next week with a panel including Communities and Local Government Shadow Secretary Caroline Spelman and Shadow Minister Dan Rogerson is to discuss what the Government and others can do to help businesses keep high streets thriving.