Save our high streets’ traders protest at 10 Downing Street
SHOPKEEPERS protest to 10 Downing Street today in their campaign to save local high streets from going under. Their Keep Trade Local’ petition signed by 55,000 traders up and down the country c alls for measures to safeguard shops and the communities they serve
SHOPKEEPERS and small businesses protest to 10 Downing Street today in their campaign to save local high streets from going under.
Their Keep Trade Local’ petition signed by 55,000 traders up and down the country calls for measures to safeguard shops and the communities they serve.
It is being presented to No 10 by the Federation of Small Businesses’ national chairman John Wright.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been hit by a recession that is killing small firms every day,” he said.
“Small businesses have been suffering from Post Office closures, late payers, planning delays, hidden business crime and a tenuous relationship with the banks.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
“The onus is now on Local Government to ensure our small firms and high streets thrive.”
The campaign is also going to the Houses of Parliament next week with a panel including Communities and Local Government Shadow Secretary Caroline Spelman and Shadow Minister Dan Rogerson is to discuss what the Government and others can do to help businesses keep high streets thriving.