Say it with flowers
YOU VE heard about having your name up in lights – but here s the chance to have it spelled out in flowers. As part of the run-up to the 2012 Olympic jamboree a project has been launched to find five winning names which will be planted out as floral di
YOU'VE heard about having your name up in lights - but here's the chance to have it spelled out in flowers.
As part of the run-up to the 2012 Olympic jamboree a project has been launched to find five winning names which will be planted out as floral displays in a London park.
Judges are particularly keen to get nominations of names of people connected with the Olympic host boroughs, including Tower Hamlets.
Anyone who deserves a public tribute, living or dead, or even a fictional character could win the accolade.
The horticultural scheme is the brainchild of artist Joshua Sofaer who won a commission funded by the Bank Of America.
Pick up a nomination form from venues across Tower Hamlets, including libraries and museums or log on to www.rootedintheearth.co.uk
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
The closing date for entries is Friday May 22 2009.