Say it with flowers
YOU VE heard about having your name up in lights – but here s the chance to have it spelled out in flowers. As part of the run-up to the 2012 Olympic jamboree a project has been launched to find five winning names which will be planted out as floral di
YOU'VE heard about having your name up in lights - but here's the chance to have it spelled out in flowers.
As part of the run-up to the 2012 Olympic jamboree a project has been launched to find five winning names which will be planted out as floral displays in a London park.
Judges are particularly keen to get nominations of names of people connected with the Olympic host boroughs, including Tower Hamlets.
Anyone who deserves a public tribute, living or dead, or even a fictional character could win the accolade.
You may also want to watch:
The horticultural scheme is the brainchild of artist Joshua Sofaer who won a commission funded by the Bank Of America.
Pick up a nomination form from venues across Tower Hamlets, including libraries and museums or log on to www.rootedintheearth.co.uk
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
The closing date for entries is Friday May 22 2009.