Say it with flowers
YOU VE heard about having your name up in lights – but here s the chance to have it spelled out in flowers. As part of the run-up to the 2012 Olympic jamboree a project has been launched to find five winning names which will be planted out as floral di
YOU'VE heard about having your name up in lights - but here's the chance to have it spelled out in flowers.
As part of the run-up to the 2012 Olympic jamboree a project has been launched to find five winning names which will be planted out as floral displays in a London park.
Judges are particularly keen to get nominations of names of people connected with the Olympic host boroughs, including Tower Hamlets.
Anyone who deserves a public tribute, living or dead, or even a fictional character could win the accolade.
You may also want to watch:
The horticultural scheme is the brainchild of artist Joshua Sofaer who won a commission funded by the Bank Of America.
Pick up a nomination form from venues across Tower Hamlets, including libraries and museums or log on to www.rootedintheearth.co.uk
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
The closing date for entries is Friday May 22 2009.