Say it with flowers
YOU VE heard about having your name up in lights – but here s the chance to have it spelled out in flowers. As part of the run-up to the 2012 Olympic jamboree a project has been launched to find five winning names which will be planted out as floral di
YOU'VE heard about having your name up in lights - but here's the chance to have it spelled out in flowers.
As part of the run-up to the 2012 Olympic jamboree a project has been launched to find five winning names which will be planted out as floral displays in a London park.
Judges are particularly keen to get nominations of names of people connected with the Olympic host boroughs, including Tower Hamlets.
Anyone who deserves a public tribute, living or dead, or even a fictional character could win the accolade.
You may also want to watch:
The horticultural scheme is the brainchild of artist Joshua Sofaer who won a commission funded by the Bank Of America.
Pick up a nomination form from venues across Tower Hamlets, including libraries and museums or log on to www.rootedintheearth.co.uk
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 4 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 5 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 6 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 7 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 8 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
The closing date for entries is Friday May 22 2009.