Scary dinosaur no match for tough East End kids
SCHOOLKIDS had a T-Riffic’ time when they came face-to-face with a life-size T-Rex. They screamed and shrieked with excitement as the 20ft baby’ dinosaur thrashed its tail and gnashed its teeth at them. But the dinosaur’s bark was definitely worse than its bite
By Hannah Roberts
SCHOOLKIDS had a T-Riffic’ time when they came face-to-face with a life-size T-Rex.
They screamed and shrieked with excitement as the 20ft baby’ dinosaur thrashed its tail and gnashed its teeth at them.
But the dinosaur’s bark was definitely worse than its bite.
You may also want to watch:
T-Rex took centre stage, looking terrifying—but was no match for these tough kids from London’s East End who thought he was a bit of a pussycat’ and began stroking him.
- 1 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Search is on for next Tower Hamlets Freedom of the Borough award recipient
- 9 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 10 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
The children from St Paul’s Primary in Whitechapel were on a visit to The Sun newspaper offices at Wapping for the launch of a Summer of Dinosaurs’ promotion.
The mini-monster comes from the live Walking with Dinosaurs’ show being staged at the O2 arena in North Greenwich in August, with its amazing animatronic models.
Here’s the secret... inside the scary dino is a human driver who controls the body. Off-stage, the monster’s head, tail and legs are worked by two voodoo’ puppeteers moving mini versions of T Rex with a computer that sends signals to the life-size creature.