Schoolboy, 16, gets life for stabbing teenager to death
A SCHOOLBOY who stabbed a teenager to death in the street in East London has got life behind bars—and publicly named and shamed.’ Legal restrictions have been lifted, naming 16-year-old Bradley Walters-Stewart who was found guilty of murdering 17-year-old Michael Wright
A SCHOOLBOY who stabbed a teenager to death in the street in East London has been given a life sentence at the Old Bailey—and publicly named and shamed.’
Legal restrictions have been lifted, naming 16-year-old Bradley Walters-Stewart who was found guilty of murdering 17-year-old Michael Wright.
Scotland Yard tonight (Friday) released Walters-Stewart’s picture to the media in a rare name and shame’ move against a juvenile, following yesterday’s conviction..
Walters-Stewart had only just turned 16 when he stabbed Michael outside Maryland railway station in Leytonstone Road, Stratford, at 11.30pm on February 19.
The two had arranged to meet because Walters-Stewart owed Michael �15 when he stabbed him.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 9 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 10 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
Michael, who turned 17 the month before, was found by police on the pavement bleeding from a stab wound to the stomach.
He was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel—but died shortly after arrival.
Walters-Stewart was arrested the next day at his home in Forest Lane, Stratford.
He was found guilty of murder and possessing an offensive weapon and is serving minimum 14 years behind bars.
He will be 30 before he can even apply for parole.