Schoolboy, 16, gets life for stabbing teenager to death
A SCHOOLBOY who stabbed a teenager to death in the street in East London has got life behind bars—and publicly named and shamed.’ Legal restrictions have been lifted, naming 16-year-old Bradley Walters-Stewart who was found guilty of murdering 17-year-old Michael Wright
A SCHOOLBOY who stabbed a teenager to death in the street in East London has been given a life sentence at the Old Bailey—and publicly named and shamed.’
Legal restrictions have been lifted, naming 16-year-old Bradley Walters-Stewart who was found guilty of murdering 17-year-old Michael Wright.
Scotland Yard tonight (Friday) released Walters-Stewart’s picture to the media in a rare name and shame’ move against a juvenile, following yesterday’s conviction..
Walters-Stewart had only just turned 16 when he stabbed Michael outside Maryland railway station in Leytonstone Road, Stratford, at 11.30pm on February 19.
You may also want to watch:
The two had arranged to meet because Walters-Stewart owed Michael �15 when he stabbed him.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Parkour group to move from home of seven years after lease is cancelled
- 10 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
Michael, who turned 17 the month before, was found by police on the pavement bleeding from a stab wound to the stomach.
He was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel—but died shortly after arrival.
Walters-Stewart was arrested the next day at his home in Forest Lane, Stratford.
He was found guilty of murder and possessing an offensive weapon and is serving minimum 14 years behind bars.
He will be 30 before he can even apply for parole.