Schoolboy in hospital with fractured skull after mass brawl in Bethnal Green
A SCHOOLBOY is in hospital recovering from a fractured skull after he was injured during a mass brawl between around 30 youths on Friday afternoon. Police said the brawl between 20-30 youths had started in Market Square, at the junction of Roman Road and
A SCHOOLBOY is in hospital recovering from a fractured skull after he was injured during a mass brawl between around 30 youths on Friday afternoon.
Police said the brawl between 20-30 youths had started in Market Square, at the junction of Roman Road and Morpeth Street in Bethnal Green around 4pm.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene and discovered a 13-year-old boy suffering head injuries. He was taken to hospital where he is now said to be in a stable condition with a fractured skull.
Det Sgt Andrew Gattase, who is leading the investigation, said: "This is a busy area and people will still have been out shopping at this time in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
"We'd like to hear from anyone who saw what happened and anyone else who may have been involved that we have yet to speak to."
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact Tower Hamlets CID on 020 7275 4671 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 5 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 8 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 EFL fixture release: Leyton Orient begin new season away to Salford City
A 14-year-old boy was arrested in connection with the incident and was taken into custody at an east London police station. He has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.