Schoolboy in hospital with fractured skull after mass brawl in Bethnal Green
A SCHOOLBOY is in hospital recovering from a fractured skull after he was injured during a mass brawl between around 30 youths on Friday afternoon. Police said the brawl between 20-30 youths had started in Market Square, at the junction of Roman Road and
A SCHOOLBOY is in hospital recovering from a fractured skull after he was injured during a mass brawl between around 30 youths on Friday afternoon.
Police said the brawl between 20-30 youths had started in Market Square, at the junction of Roman Road and Morpeth Street in Bethnal Green around 4pm.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene and discovered a 13-year-old boy suffering head injuries. He was taken to hospital where he is now said to be in a stable condition with a fractured skull.
Det Sgt Andrew Gattase, who is leading the investigation, said: "This is a busy area and people will still have been out shopping at this time in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
"We'd like to hear from anyone who saw what happened and anyone else who may have been involved that we have yet to speak to."
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact Tower Hamlets CID on 020 7275 4671 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
A 14-year-old boy was arrested in connection with the incident and was taken into custody at an east London police station. He has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.