Scottish restaurant to open in Canary Wharf creating 125 jobs
A SCOTTISH restaurant with its own cigar club and a large collection of whisky will open in Canary Wharf next year creating 125 jobs. The Boisdale restaurant will open at a site overlooking Cabot Square in January 2011 after a �2.7 million development pr
A SCOTTISH restaurant with its own cigar club and a large collection of whisky will open in Canary Wharf next year creating 125 jobs.
The Boisdale restaurant will open at a site overlooking Cabot Square in January 2011 after a �2.7 million development project.
The restaurant will seat up to 430 diners over two floors and a terrace and will create 125 jobs as waiters, chefs and bar staff.
The restaurant chain was founded by Ranald Macdonald in 1988 and already has branches at several sites in London including Bishopsgate and Belgravia.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Macdonald said: "Canary Wharf represents one of the fastest growing and sophisticated markets in the world but we found workers still wanted a restaurant with a little more tradition.
"It will have a-state-of-the-art ventilated cigar club and big smoking terraces, London's largest collection of whisky, a selection of private dining rooms and nightly performances from some of the world's leading jazz, blues & soul musicians.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 9 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend