Seal spotted in London's East End
MEET Sammy – the little fella cheerfully putting a smile on everyone s face. The seal has reappeared in the past week playing in Millwall Inner Dock, where he s taken a particular shine to a piece of piping and was snapped by Advertiser photographer Joe L
MEET Sammy - the little fella cheerfully putting a smile on everyone's face.
The seal has reappeared in the past week playing in Millwall Inner Dock, where he's taken a particular shine to a piece of piping and was snapped by Advertiser photographer Joe Lord. The seal, who's made plenty of appearances over the years in the East End's waters, has kept workers and residents captivated with his playful antics.
And his continued presence is also pleasing the people responsible for keeping dock waters in good health.
"It shows that the water is clean and supports a variety of fish," said a spokeswoman for British Waterways.
You may also want to watch:
"Sammy is also being fed tit bits of fish as an extra incentive to stick around!
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett
- 4 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 5 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 6 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 7 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 8 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 9 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 10 Live audience ban forces east London talent show to go on YouTube