Seal spotted in London's East End
MEET Sammy – the little fella cheerfully putting a smile on everyone s face. The seal has reappeared in the past week playing in Millwall Inner Dock, where he s taken a particular shine to a piece of piping and was snapped by Advertiser photographer Joe L
MEET Sammy - the little fella cheerfully putting a smile on everyone's face.
The seal has reappeared in the past week playing in Millwall Inner Dock, where he's taken a particular shine to a piece of piping and was snapped by Advertiser photographer Joe Lord. The seal, who's made plenty of appearances over the years in the East End's waters, has kept workers and residents captivated with his playful antics.
And his continued presence is also pleasing the people responsible for keeping dock waters in good health.
"It shows that the water is clean and supports a variety of fish," said a spokeswoman for British Waterways.
You may also want to watch:
"Sammy is also being fed tit bits of fish as an extra incentive to stick around!
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt