Seal spotted in London's East End
MEET Sammy – the little fella cheerfully putting a smile on everyone s face. The seal has reappeared in the past week playing in Millwall Inner Dock, where he s taken a particular shine to a piece of piping and was snapped by Advertiser photographer Joe L
MEET Sammy - the little fella cheerfully putting a smile on everyone's face.
The seal has reappeared in the past week playing in Millwall Inner Dock, where he's taken a particular shine to a piece of piping and was snapped by Advertiser photographer Joe Lord. The seal, who's made plenty of appearances over the years in the East End's waters, has kept workers and residents captivated with his playful antics.
And his continued presence is also pleasing the people responsible for keeping dock waters in good health.
"It shows that the water is clean and supports a variety of fish," said a spokeswoman for British Waterways.
You may also want to watch:
"Sammy is also being fed tit bits of fish as an extra incentive to stick around!
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 3 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green