Search for past and present Neighbours in Poplar volunteers to join the party
A CHARITY which has been offering friendship to people living in Poplar for 40 years wants to hear from its volunteers past and present. Neighbours in Poplar is marking its 40th birthday with a party on Sunday November 15 and is keen to trace people who
A CHARITY which has been offering friendship to people living in Poplar for 40 years wants to hear from its volunteers past and present.
Neighbours in Poplar is marking its 40th birthday with a party on Sunday November 15 and is keen to trace people who have got involved in its work over the years.
Jessica Darroux is one of four generations of her family to be involved and said some of the volunteers have come from firms in Canary Wharf, including Barclays and the former Lehman Brothers who she would like to track down.
Volunteers help befriend older residents, serve up Christmas dinner and get involved with school holiday activities and there is always room for more people to get involved in projects at the St Matthias Community Centre in Poplar High Street.
You may also want to watch:
Contact 020 7 987 0257 for more details.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears