Search for past and present Neighbours in Poplar volunteers to join the party
A CHARITY which has been offering friendship to people living in Poplar for 40 years wants to hear from its volunteers past and present. Neighbours in Poplar is marking its 40th birthday with a party on Sunday November 15 and is keen to trace people who
A CHARITY which has been offering friendship to people living in Poplar for 40 years wants to hear from its volunteers past and present.
Neighbours in Poplar is marking its 40th birthday with a party on Sunday November 15 and is keen to trace people who have got involved in its work over the years.
Jessica Darroux is one of four generations of her family to be involved and said some of the volunteers have come from firms in Canary Wharf, including Barclays and the former Lehman Brothers who she would like to track down.
Volunteers help befriend older residents, serve up Christmas dinner and get involved with school holiday activities and there is always room for more people to get involved in projects at the St Matthias Community Centre in Poplar High Street.
You may also want to watch:
Contact 020 7 987 0257 for more details.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests