Seaside comes to East End with sun, sand and donkey rides
LONDON’s inner city East End created its own seaside’ with sun, sea and sand as the hot summer weather brought out all the kids. It came complete with donkey rides and a helter-skelter
LONDON’s inner city East End created its own seaside’ with sun, sea and sand as the hot summer weather brought out all the kids.
It came complete with donkey rides and a helter-skelter enjoyed by youngsters like Georgette (pictured) who came whizzing down with a big smile and a seaside wave.
The Town Hall, even laid on candy floss and donkey rides, like most East Enders remember from days at Southend-on-Sea.
You may also want to watch:
An estimated 2,000 people flocked to Mile End Park for the beach, funfair and merry-go-round.
The Day at the Seaside’ organised by Tower Hamlets park rangers, was one of a series of school holiday activities.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 6 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 10 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff