Seaside comes to East End with sun, sand and donkey rides
LONDON’s inner city East End created its own seaside’ with sun, sea and sand as the hot summer weather brought out all the kids. It came complete with donkey rides and a helter-skelter
LONDON’s inner city East End created its own seaside’ with sun, sea and sand as the hot summer weather brought out all the kids.
It came complete with donkey rides and a helter-skelter enjoyed by youngsters like Georgette (pictured) who came whizzing down with a big smile and a seaside wave.
The Town Hall, even laid on candy floss and donkey rides, like most East Enders remember from days at Southend-on-Sea.
You may also want to watch:
An estimated 2,000 people flocked to Mile End Park for the beach, funfair and merry-go-round.
The Day at the Seaside’ organised by Tower Hamlets park rangers, was one of a series of school holiday activities.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 10 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone