Seaside comes to East End with sun, sand and donkey rides
LONDON’s inner city East End created its own seaside’ with sun, sea and sand as the hot summer weather brought out all the kids. It came complete with donkey rides and a helter-skelter
LONDON’s inner city East End created its own seaside’ with sun, sea and sand as the hot summer weather brought out all the kids.
It came complete with donkey rides and a helter-skelter enjoyed by youngsters like Georgette (pictured) who came whizzing down with a big smile and a seaside wave.
The Town Hall, even laid on candy floss and donkey rides, like most East Enders remember from days at Southend-on-Sea.
An estimated 2,000 people flocked to Mile End Park for the beach, funfair and merry-go-round.
The Day at the Seaside’ organised by Tower Hamlets park rangers, was one of a series of school holiday activities.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 6 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 7 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 8 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets