Seaside comes to East End with sun, sand and donkey rides
LONDON’s inner city East End created its own seaside’ with sun, sea and sand as the hot summer weather brought out all the kids. It came complete with donkey rides and a helter-skelter
LONDON’s inner city East End created its own seaside’ with sun, sea and sand as the hot summer weather brought out all the kids.
It came complete with donkey rides and a helter-skelter enjoyed by youngsters like Georgette (pictured) who came whizzing down with a big smile and a seaside wave.
The Town Hall, even laid on candy floss and donkey rides, like most East Enders remember from days at Southend-on-Sea.
You may also want to watch:
An estimated 2,000 people flocked to Mile End Park for the beach, funfair and merry-go-round.
The Day at the Seaside’ organised by Tower Hamlets park rangers, was one of a series of school holiday activities.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe