‘Seaside’ fun comes to Victoria Park for thousands of East End families
- Credit: Tower Hamlets Cll
The seaside was brought to London’s East End as families enjoyed ‘the Great Day Out’ staged at Victoria Park.
Tonnes of sand were brought in and a fairground set up as 2,500 visitors packed the free family fun day.
Even traditional Punch and Judy put in an appearance to the thrills of the kids and toddlers—not forgetting the ice cream and candy floss.
The youngsters tried their hand at traditional games such as coconut shy, while brass bands, choirs and musicians were organised by Victoria Park Friends Group.
Attractions at the mock seaside included a giant water slide, Victorian carousel cardboard village, creative play and even donkey rides, all laid on by Tower Hamlets Council.
You may also want to watch:
One special ingredient made it a real fun day for the kids—plenty of sunshine adding to the August holiday atmosphere.
[Pictures: Rehan Jamil]
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel