Second job of controversial town hall boss Lutfur Ali shrouded in mystery
IT HAS emerged that Lutfur Ali the controversial number two at the town hall who resigned last night is also without a second job. Earlier this month Mr Ali was at the centre of checks after concerns were expressed that he was still working as a consul
IT HAS emerged that Lutfur Ali the controversial number two at the town hall who resigned last night is also without a second job.
Earlier this month Mr Ali was at the centre of checks after concerns were expressed that he was still working as a consultant on diversity for a government department.
This week it was said that checks were being carried out at Tower Hamlets town hall in consultation with the National College for Leadership of Schools which had employed Mr Ali as a consultant on its diversity programme.
The work relationship was described as 'moonlighting' by the Daily Telegraph.
You may also want to watch:
The town hall conformed yesterday that he has resigned as assistant chief executive and later the college confirmed that Mr Ali was no longer working for it.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty