Second job of controversial town hall boss Lutfur Ali shrouded in mystery
IT HAS emerged that Lutfur Ali the controversial number two at the town hall who resigned last night is also without a second job. Earlier this month Mr Ali was at the centre of checks after concerns were expressed that he was still working as a consul
IT HAS emerged that Lutfur Ali the controversial number two at the town hall who resigned last night is also without a second job.
Earlier this month Mr Ali was at the centre of checks after concerns were expressed that he was still working as a consultant on diversity for a government department.
This week it was said that checks were being carried out at Tower Hamlets town hall in consultation with the National College for Leadership of Schools which had employed Mr Ali as a consultant on its diversity programme.
The work relationship was described as 'moonlighting' by the Daily Telegraph.
You may also want to watch:
The town hall conformed yesterday that he has resigned as assistant chief executive and later the college confirmed that Mr Ali was no longer working for it.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 4 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 8 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing