Second person dies after falling in Canary Wharf
- Credit: Geoff Marshall
A second person has died in less than 24 hours after falling from a height in Canary Wharf.
Police were called just before 9am today (Tuesday) to reports of a man who’d fallen in the Canary Wharf Shopping Centre in Canada Square.
Officers, the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended, but the man, believed to be in his 50s, died at the scene at 9.05am.
His next of kin have not yet been informed and a cordon remains in place.
On social media, Canary Wharf Group tweeted, confirming there had been a medical incident on the Canary Wharf Estate.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, officers were called to Canary Wharf tube station at around 3pm to reports someone had fallen from a height.
Paramedics and police were called, but the person died at the scene. The death is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided