Second person dies after falling in Canary Wharf
- Credit: Geoff Marshall
A second person has died in less than 24 hours after falling from a height in Canary Wharf.
Police were called just before 9am today (Tuesday) to reports of a man who’d fallen in the Canary Wharf Shopping Centre in Canada Square.
Officers, the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended, but the man, believed to be in his 50s, died at the scene at 9.05am.
His next of kin have not yet been informed and a cordon remains in place.
On social media, Canary Wharf Group tweeted, confirming there had been a medical incident on the Canary Wharf Estate.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, officers were called to Canary Wharf tube station at around 3pm to reports someone had fallen from a height.
Paramedics and police were called, but the person died at the scene. The death is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets