Second teenager charged with Jamie’s murder
DETECTIVES investigating the murder of Jamie Simpson have charged a second teenager with his murder. Jamie died during an incident at the Matalan store in Dalston’s Kingsland Shopping Centre in East London almost exactly a year ago. The second youth charged is 19-year-old Duane Owusu, due before Thames magistrates this-morning (Monday)
DETECTIVES investigating the murder of Jamie Simpson have charged a second teenager with his murder and have also made a ninth arrest in connection with the investigation.
Jamie died during an incident at the Matalan store in Dalston’s Kingsland Shopping Centre in East London almost exactly a year ago.
The second youth charged is 19-year-old Duane Owusu, who is due before Thames magistrates this-morning (Monday), charged with murder on March 22 last year and with conspiracy to rob.
He was arrested yesterday afternoon and has been in custody at an East London police station, Scotland Yard confirmed this morning. A third teenager arrested overnight last Thursday aged 17 remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The first teenager charged with murder and conspiracy to rob, a 19-year-old, was also due at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
Two men were before Highbury Corner magistrates on Saturday, 24-year-old Simeon Jumah and 30-year-old Roy Williams, both charged with conspiracy to rob. Both were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey June 12.
- 1 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue