Second youth arrested after teenager's knife death in Bow
A SECOND teenager has been arrested in connection with the death of art and design student Salum Kombo before Christmas. A 15-year-old boy from Bow has already appeared in front of magistrates charged with murder and police arrested a 16-year-old youth at
A SECOND teenager has been arrested in connection with the death of art and design student Salum Kombo before Christmas.
A 15-year-old boy from Bow has already appeared in front of magistrates charged with murder and police arrested a 16-year-old youth at his Tower Hamlets home yesterday (Wednesday).
He has been bailed to return to an east London police station on February 22.
Salum, 18, was found with multiple stab wounds on the evening of Sunday, December 20 after a row triggered on social networking site Facebook, it is believed.
You may also want to watch:
The Tower Hamlets College student bled to death near his home in Devons Road, Bow.
It is thought he was attacked in a nearby basketball court before staggering almost 400 metres towards his home where he lived with his aunt. He died on the pavement as paramedics battled to save him.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Salum came to the UK from Tanzania seven years ago and it is believed his parents still live there.