Security guard flees as his supper goes up in smoke
A SECURITY guard nearly had his chips when cooking in his trailer during the night. He was frying chips and went to answer his mobile phone at Pinky’s car-wash and tyre depot at Limehouse in London’s East End, when his supper caught fire
A SECURITY guard nearly had his chips when cooking in his trailer during the night.
He was frying chips and went to answer his mobile phone at Pinky’s car-wash and tyre depot in Salmon Lane in Limehouse, in London’s East End, when his supper caught fire.
A passer-by raised the alarm at 11.15pm last night when the smoke billowed across the street.
Four fire crews arrived to tackle the blaze next to the Prince Regent pub.
You may also want to watch:
The security guard was treated by ambulance paramedics for the effects of inhaling smoke and was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel as a precaution.
The trailer was completely burnt—so was his supper.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 8 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing