Seven arrested after teen in 'serious condition' following Poplar street brawl
COPS are appealing for witnesses after a brawl between around 10 people in Poplar left a teenager suffering serious head injuries. They have made seven arrests following reports of a fight at the junction of East India Dock Road and Jeremiah Street around
COPS are appealing for witnesses after a brawl between around 10 people in Poplar left a teenager suffering serious head injuries.
They have made seven arrests following reports of a fight at the junction of East India Dock Road and Jeremiah Street around 9.30pm last Thursday.
The air ambulance was scrambled, along with police, and three people were found with injuries and were taken to hospital.
A group Asian boys is believed to have run away from the area shortly after the assault.
You may also want to watch:
An 18-year-old man remains in a serious but stable condition with head injuries in hospital.
His injuries are believed to have been caused by a blunt instrument but are not believed to be life threatening.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
A 16-year-old boy and an 18-year-old woman were also treated but have now been discharged.
Det Con Eddy Paul from Tower Hamlets violent crime unit said: "We have already spoken to a number of people who witnessed the incident and I thank those people for coming forward.
"East India Dock Road would have been busy at this time and I would urge anyone who saw this incident, or the build up to this incident, to contact the incident room.
"With the public's assistance, we can bring the perpetrators of this serious assault to justice."
Seven males, aged 15-20, have been arrested and have been released on police bail until later this month pending further enquiries.
Officers are appealing for people with information to contact the incident room at Tower Hamlets police on 020 7275 4549 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.