Seven arrested after teen in 'serious condition' following Poplar street brawl
COPS are appealing for witnesses after a brawl between around 10 people in Poplar left a teenager suffering serious head injuries. They have made seven arrests following reports of a fight at the junction of East India Dock Road and Jeremiah Street around
COPS are appealing for witnesses after a brawl between around 10 people in Poplar left a teenager suffering serious head injuries.
They have made seven arrests following reports of a fight at the junction of East India Dock Road and Jeremiah Street around 9.30pm last Thursday.
The air ambulance was scrambled, along with police, and three people were found with injuries and were taken to hospital.
A group Asian boys is believed to have run away from the area shortly after the assault.
You may also want to watch:
An 18-year-old man remains in a serious but stable condition with head injuries in hospital.
His injuries are believed to have been caused by a blunt instrument but are not believed to be life threatening.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
A 16-year-old boy and an 18-year-old woman were also treated but have now been discharged.
Det Con Eddy Paul from Tower Hamlets violent crime unit said: "We have already spoken to a number of people who witnessed the incident and I thank those people for coming forward.
"East India Dock Road would have been busy at this time and I would urge anyone who saw this incident, or the build up to this incident, to contact the incident room.
"With the public's assistance, we can bring the perpetrators of this serious assault to justice."
Seven males, aged 15-20, have been arrested and have been released on police bail until later this month pending further enquiries.
Officers are appealing for people with information to contact the incident room at Tower Hamlets police on 020 7275 4549 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.