Seven arrested after teen in 'serious condition' following Poplar street brawl
COPS are appealing for witnesses after a brawl between around 10 people in Poplar left a teenager suffering serious head injuries. They have made seven arrests following reports of a fight at the junction of East India Dock Road and Jeremiah Street around
COPS are appealing for witnesses after a brawl between around 10 people in Poplar left a teenager suffering serious head injuries.
They have made seven arrests following reports of a fight at the junction of East India Dock Road and Jeremiah Street around 9.30pm last Thursday.
The air ambulance was scrambled, along with police, and three people were found with injuries and were taken to hospital.
A group Asian boys is believed to have run away from the area shortly after the assault.
An 18-year-old man remains in a serious but stable condition with head injuries in hospital.
His injuries are believed to have been caused by a blunt instrument but are not believed to be life threatening.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 5 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 6 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 7 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 8 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
A 16-year-old boy and an 18-year-old woman were also treated but have now been discharged.
Det Con Eddy Paul from Tower Hamlets violent crime unit said: "We have already spoken to a number of people who witnessed the incident and I thank those people for coming forward.
"East India Dock Road would have been busy at this time and I would urge anyone who saw this incident, or the build up to this incident, to contact the incident room.
"With the public's assistance, we can bring the perpetrators of this serious assault to justice."
Seven males, aged 15-20, have been arrested and have been released on police bail until later this month pending further enquiries.
Officers are appealing for people with information to contact the incident room at Tower Hamlets police on 020 7275 4549 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.