O’s Ogie and Kyprianou make international debuts at under-19 level
- Credit: Archant
Shadrach Ogie and Hector Kyprianou have been away from Leyton Orient’s training ground this week
Two of Leyton Orient’s finest young talents were handed their international debuts on Tuesday.
Last month, the O’s confirmed midfielder Hector Kyprianou had been called up to the latest Cyprus under-19 squad.
While at the start of this week, Orient revealed Shadrach Ogie would link up with the Republic of Ireland under-19s for a training camp.
On Tuesday, Kyprianou made his Cyprus debut and played 45 minutes in their 1-1 draw against Romania.
You may also want to watch:
The youth-team, who will turn professional at Orient in June, has impressed on loan at Bishop’s Stortford this season.
He is set to represent his the under-19s again on Thursday when they face Romania for the second time in quick succession.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
While Ogie didn’t feature in an international friendly, he did pull on the Ireland Green for a match against the National Education & Training Board.
The Republic of Ireland triumphed 2-1 with the left-back playing 45 minutes, and the experience will no doubt benefit both.