Shakes-Drayton’s Tower Hamlets trainer Chris Zah gets British Athletics award
- Credit: TH Council PR
A top east London athletics coach who trains Team GB hurdle champ Perri Shakes-Drayton has won a European Athletics coaching award.
Chris Zah was given the accolade at the British Athletics Championships in Birmingham.
His training of Shakes-Drayton has led her to become one of the world’s top hurdling talents and one of Britain’s top relay and 400m runners.
“It’s great to be recognised by European Athletics,” Chris said. “I enjoy coaching and working for the best of athletes.”
Chris coaches athletes at Victoria Park Harriers and Tower Hamlets Athletics Club as well as some of the UK’s best 400m runners such as Daniel Awde.
You may also want to watch:
UK Athletics’ Head of field events, Peter Stanley, said: “Chris is a dedicated and enthusiastic coach who has honed the art of coaching to high level performances.”
Chris, who also trains wannabe athletes of all ages and ability at Mile End Stadium, was nominated to carry the baton for Tower Hamlets at the Commonwealth Games when it reached Britain after travelling around the Commonwealth.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 7 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries