Shakes-Drayton’s Tower Hamlets trainer Chris Zah gets British Athletics award
- Credit: TH Council PR
A top east London athletics coach who trains Team GB hurdle champ Perri Shakes-Drayton has won a European Athletics coaching award.
Chris Zah was given the accolade at the British Athletics Championships in Birmingham.
His training of Shakes-Drayton has led her to become one of the world’s top hurdling talents and one of Britain’s top relay and 400m runners.
“It’s great to be recognised by European Athletics,” Chris said. “I enjoy coaching and working for the best of athletes.”
Chris coaches athletes at Victoria Park Harriers and Tower Hamlets Athletics Club as well as some of the UK’s best 400m runners such as Daniel Awde.
You may also want to watch:
UK Athletics’ Head of field events, Peter Stanley, said: “Chris is a dedicated and enthusiastic coach who has honed the art of coaching to high level performances.”
Chris, who also trains wannabe athletes of all ages and ability at Mile End Stadium, was nominated to carry the baton for Tower Hamlets at the Commonwealth Games when it reached Britain after travelling around the Commonwealth.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week