Share your memories of the Blitz
WE are marking the 70th anniversary of the Blitz with a special supplement in the East London Advertiser next month and we d like to hear your stories about that time. More than 2,000 people in East London were killed during the raids and a further 7,00
WE are marking the 70th anniversary of the Blitz with a special supplement in the East London Advertiser next month and we'd like to hear your stories about that time.
More than 2,000 people in East London were killed during the raids and a further 7,000 were injured - many of them were made homeless by the bombs.
We've already heard from people who lived through the dark days of the Blitz when the East End took a pounding night after night during Nazi bombing raids but we're keen to hear more.
Perhaps you lived or worked in east London or remember seeing the docks go up in flames. Or maybe you have photos or family memories which have been passed on about the 1940s.
You may also want to watch:
Please get in touch with our news desk on 020 7 791 7799 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears