Sharia finance to be demystified at event in Whitechapel
The facts about Islamic finance are to be revealed at a question time event held in Whitechapel on Monday evening.
As part of the “Sharia Finance Question Time” tour, it is one of a series of debates on the subject up and down the country.
It has been organised by the Islamic Bank of Britain, which claims to have received a surge of applications to take advantage of its services during the summer months. The bank hopes that the sessions will demystify Islamic finance, which it says represents a stable and ethical alternative to western financial institutions.
Speaking ahead of the event, Abul Fozoll, who manages the Islamic Bank of Britain’s branch in Whitechapel Road, said: “Interest in Islamic finance is growing.
“It appeals to both existing customers and members of the local community keen to find out how Sharia compliant financial products work.”
You may also want to watch:
The event, chaired by Sharia finance expert Samir Alamad, will outline the way in which the Islamic banking system operates without conventional financial instruments, and with a model of mutual benefit between the customer and the bank.
It will be held at the IBB Whitechapel branch, 97-99 Whitechapel Road, London, E1 1DT on 12th November from 6.00 pm -7.30 pm.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets