Shock of residents after man attacked in Bethnal Green
RESIDENTS spoke of their shock after a 33-year-old man was attacked by a mob wielding a baseball bat and a knife in the East End. Police were called yesterday at around 2.20pm after reports of a man being beaten up by at least four men
RESIDENTS spoke of their shock after a 33-year-old man was attacked by a mob wielding a baseball bat and a knife in the East End.
Police were called yesterday at around 2.20pm after reports of a man being beaten up by at least four men, at the junction with Old Bethnal Green Road and Canrobert Street.
Early reports suggested he had been attacked with a baseball bat and a knife.
One resident said: "I've never heard of anything like it happening in the middle of the day.
You may also want to watch:
"There were women and children walking past."
The man has head injuries and a deep cut to his arm, but his condition is described as 'not life threatening.'
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow
Anyone with information about the attack should contact police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 55111.