Shock of residents after man attacked in Bethnal Green
RESIDENTS spoke of their shock after a 33-year-old man was attacked by a mob wielding a baseball bat and a knife in the East End. Police were called yesterday at around 2.20pm after reports of a man being beaten up by at least four men
RESIDENTS spoke of their shock after a 33-year-old man was attacked by a mob wielding a baseball bat and a knife in the East End.
Police were called yesterday at around 2.20pm after reports of a man being beaten up by at least four men, at the junction with Old Bethnal Green Road and Canrobert Street.
Early reports suggested he had been attacked with a baseball bat and a knife.
One resident said: "I've never heard of anything like it happening in the middle of the day.
You may also want to watch:
"There were women and children walking past."
The man has head injuries and a deep cut to his arm, but his condition is described as 'not life threatening.'
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett
- 4 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 5 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 6 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 7 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 8 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 9 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 10 Live audience ban forces east London talent show to go on YouTube
Anyone with information about the attack should contact police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 55111.