Shop worker stabbed in off-licence robbery
A SHOPKEEPER suffered a punctured lung when he was stabbed during a robbery at his store in Shoreditch. The 39-year-old man from Clapton was beaten with a broom and then stabbed five times in the chest when a robber demanded he hand over cash from the til
A SHOPKEEPER suffered a punctured lung when he was stabbed during a robbery at his store in Shoreditch.
The 39-year-old man from Clapton was beaten with a broom and then stabbed five times in the chest when a robber demanded he hand over cash from the till of his Calvert Avenue off licence on the Boundary Estate.
The attacker, described as a black man, aged 24-28, around 5ft 6ins tall and wearing a brown t-shirt and jeans, got away with around �300 in cash from the till and was last seen running off towards Arnold Circus.
The shopkeeper was taken to hospital and treated for a punctured lung and stab wounds but has since been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses and are urging anyone with information to contact PC Adrian Nelson in the robbery squad on either 020 8217 4162 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 4 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
- 5 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 6 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 7 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 8 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 10 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges