Silk Court and Westport voted among London’s top 20 care homes
- Credit: Google
Two care homes for the East End’s elderly have made it to the top 20 list of all 1,400 care centres across London.
Bethnal Green’s Silk Court and Stepney’s Westport were voted among the best, from online reviews by residents and their families.
The centres have each received an award this week from a care home online guide, based on reviews by residents themselves, their families and friends.
“Choosing a care home can be time consuming and exhausting,” reviews’ manager Amanda Hopkins said. “It’s only the residents and their families and friends who can give a real insight into what a care home is like.
“Silk Court and Westport proved they have high standard of care which puts them in the Top 20.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards reflect personal experiences of the people who live there.
Silk Court recently was rated ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission regulator.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital