Simone Lucchesi replaces Craig Smith as Leyton Orient’s fitness coach
- Credit: Archant
Italian has worked with New York Cosmos and Serie A outfit Sampdoria in the past
Leyton Orient have announced Simone Lucchesi is the new fitness coach at the club replacing Craig Smith, who left yesterday.
The Italian has most recently been with Serbian club FK Cukaricki as a sports scientist & fitness coach.
He joined the Belgrade outfit in January of this year, but departed in May and will now move to Brisbane Road.
Lucchesi has previously been head strength & conditioning coach at New York Cosmos - he was there for two years before leaving last summer.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to that he is understood to have done a similar role at Serie A club Sampdoria where he served during the 2011/12 and 2012/13 campaign.
The Italian replaces a popular figure in Smith, who received various praise from O’s players after it was confirmed he’d be leaving.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
He’s become the new head of sports science at Stevenage with the Hertfordshire-based club revealing the news yesterday evening.
Among those to laud Smith’s work was physio Peter Webb with the pair working closely together during their time in east London.
He said: “I’m gutted Craig is leaving the club and the medical department. He was the first in and last out everyday.
“We established a good work ethic which was respected by the staff and I not only gained a work colleague, I gained a friend. I wish Craig all the best in the future. The stats don’t lie and they will be shown later.”