Simpson up for Sky Bet award
- Credit: Archant
Former Arsenal striker nominated for player of the month after scoring four times during November
Leyton Orient forward Jay Simpson has been nominated for the Sky Bet League Two player of the month award for November.
The 27-year-old has been shortlisted for the award after scoring four times during the month and impressing for Ian Hendon’s men.
In the process he helped the O’s pick up five points out of a possible 12 in the division.
He netted twice in the 3-2 win over York City and then bagged strikes during the 1-1 draws at Plymouth Argyle and against AFC Wimbledon at Brisbane Road.
You may also want to watch:
It takes him up to 15 goals for the campaign and he leads the scoring charts in League Two.
Simpson’s goals in November helped Orient bounce back from two consecutive defeats in the division to Accrington Stanley and Hartlepool United.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
He is rivalled for the award by Carlisle United defender Danny Grainger, Oxford United’s Johnny Mullins and Stevenage midfielder Chris Whelpdale.
But the former Arsenal man will fancy his chances of winning the accolade after he unluckily missed out of a nomination in October.
Simpson scored five times during that month and helped Orient pick up eight points, but missed out completely.
The O’s hitman will hope to receive better news this time when the winner is announced on Friday morning.