Simpson wins Sky Bet player of the month award for November
- Credit: Griffiths Photographers
Orient boss Ian Hendon praises the former Arsenal forward after his four goals during the past month
Leyton Orient forward Jay Simpson has won Sky Bet’s League Two player of the month award for November.
The 27-year-old was been in scintillating form all season and continued that throughout the past month.
He netted twice in the 3-2 win over York City and went on to score in the 1-1 draws against Plymouth Argyle and AFC Wimbledon too.
Simpson scored four of the O’s six goals in the division during the month and was praised by boss Ian Hendon.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s great for Jay to win the award. He has been in good form all season long and this is just reward for all the hard work he puts in on the pitch and on the training ground.
“Hopefully he can keep up the good run of form and remain in the goals, though I am sure that will continue as he is a model professional.”
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Sky Sports’ Football League pundit Don Goodman, who was part of judging panel, also hailed the Orient ace.
He said that Hendon and the Brisbane Road outfit will be hoping Simpson can take his strong form into 2016.
“The former Arsenal striker has been in top form all season, but the four goals he scored this month earned his team valuable points,” added Goodman.
“Currently leading the League Two goalscoring charts, Simpson and his boss Ian Hendon will be hopeful he can carry this form into the New Year and beyond.”
While Sky Bet Football Trading Manager Paul Lowery said: “Jay Simpson was responsible for four of Orient’s six goals and is as short as 5/6 to win the League Two Golden Boot.
“He is the clear leader in the goal-scoring charts for League Two with 15 goals and they will prove invaluable as Orient continue their promotion push. They can be backed at 6/4 to be playing in League One this time next year.”
The judging panel for the Sky Bet Player of the Month comprised of Sky Sports Football League expert Don Goodman; Football League Head of Communications John Nagle; League Managers Association Director Olaf Dixon and Sky Bet Football Trading Manager Paul Lowery.