Sir Ian Botham set to draw big crowd for Canary Wharf book signing
CRICKET legend Sir Ian Botham is expected to draw one of the biggest ever crowds to a Canary Wharf signing when he appears this week.
Beefy will be signing copies of his latest release, Botham’s Book of the Ashes, in Jubilee Place Mall on Wednesday.
The event starts at Waterstone’s from 12.30pm but fans are advised to arrive early as a big crowd is expected.
Sir Ian is regarded as England’s greatest ever all-rounder, scoring 5,200 Test runs and taking more than 380 Test wickets.
But it was his exploits against the Australians that cemented his place as a national legend. Botham famously scored 149 not out against them in the Headingley test during the 1981 series that swung the match England’s way and set up a memorable victory.
You may also want to watch:
In recent years, he has developed a successful career in the media and continued his sponsored walks for Leukaemia Research.
- 1 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 9 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs