Sir Ian Botham set to draw big crowd for Canary Wharf book signing
CRICKET legend Sir Ian Botham is expected to draw one of the biggest ever crowds to a Canary Wharf signing when he appears this week.
Beefy will be signing copies of his latest release, Botham’s Book of the Ashes, in Jubilee Place Mall on Wednesday.
The event starts at Waterstone’s from 12.30pm but fans are advised to arrive early as a big crowd is expected.
Sir Ian is regarded as England’s greatest ever all-rounder, scoring 5,200 Test runs and taking more than 380 Test wickets.
But it was his exploits against the Australians that cemented his place as a national legend. Botham famously scored 149 not out against them in the Headingley test during the 1981 series that swung the match England’s way and set up a memorable victory.
In recent years, he has developed a successful career in the media and continued his sponsored walks for Leukaemia Research.
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 Rooftop ice-rink opens at Tobacco Dock in Wapping
- 5 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 8 'Aggressive, violent behaviour' at Aldgate East tube station
- 9 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements