Six fire crews smother smoking scrapyard in Poplar
- Credit: George Morgan/Twitter
Rubbish roasted in Poplar on Saturday after flames broke out at a scrapyard.
Fire crews were called to the car and recycling yard in Lochnagar Street at 3.10pm.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters took more than two hours to control the blaze, which destroyed a patch of recycling materials.
“One propane cylinder was cooled to an ambient temperature,” London Fire Brigade (LFB) said in a statement.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Poplar, Homerton, Millwall, Dockhead and Stratford stations attended.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto