Skate-seeing gives residents a new view of east London
- Credit: Archant
A promotional video for a travel website is showing an alternative version of east London through the eyes of a skateboarder.
HotelClub, a website that books hotels for tourists, used the video, called Skate-seeing east London, to inspire visitors to travel off the beaten track.
Limehouse resident Matt Lindley project managed the campaign on behalf of digital agency Verve Search, commissioning filmmakers Orban Wallace and Ruben Woodin Dechamps to shoot the film.
Matt said: “For me it made sense to push east London as it is my favourite part of the city and lot of other young people’s as well.
“There are whole other worlds to explore outside of the usual tourist traps, and East London is arguably the most diverse and exciting of them all.”
Matt said the skater’s eye view showed a method of transport reflecting the alternative atmosphere of the district.
He said: “What we liked about the skateboard is that you are still part of your environment.”
- 1 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 2 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 3 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 4 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 5 Riverside park extension above new sewage structures given green light
- 6 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 7 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 8 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 9 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 10 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
The video can be seen at hotelclub.com/sk8seeing/skateseeing-east-london-video.html.