Skate-seeing gives residents a new view of east London
- Credit: Archant
A promotional video for a travel website is showing an alternative version of east London through the eyes of a skateboarder.
HotelClub, a website that books hotels for tourists, used the video, called Skate-seeing east London, to inspire visitors to travel off the beaten track.
Limehouse resident Matt Lindley project managed the campaign on behalf of digital agency Verve Search, commissioning filmmakers Orban Wallace and Ruben Woodin Dechamps to shoot the film.
Matt said: “For me it made sense to push east London as it is my favourite part of the city and lot of other young people’s as well.
“There are whole other worlds to explore outside of the usual tourist traps, and East London is arguably the most diverse and exciting of them all.”
You may also want to watch:
Matt said the skater’s eye view showed a method of transport reflecting the alternative atmosphere of the district.
He said: “What we liked about the skateboard is that you are still part of your environment.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
The video can be seen at hotelclub.com/sk8seeing/skateseeing-east-london-video.html.