Skate-seeing gives residents a new view of east London
- Credit: Archant
A promotional video for a travel website is showing an alternative version of east London through the eyes of a skateboarder.
HotelClub, a website that books hotels for tourists, used the video, called Skate-seeing east London, to inspire visitors to travel off the beaten track.
Limehouse resident Matt Lindley project managed the campaign on behalf of digital agency Verve Search, commissioning filmmakers Orban Wallace and Ruben Woodin Dechamps to shoot the film.
Matt said: “For me it made sense to push east London as it is my favourite part of the city and lot of other young people’s as well.
“There are whole other worlds to explore outside of the usual tourist traps, and East London is arguably the most diverse and exciting of them all.”
You may also want to watch:
Matt said the skater’s eye view showed a method of transport reflecting the alternative atmosphere of the district.
He said: “What we liked about the skateboard is that you are still part of your environment.”
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
The video can be seen at hotelclub.com/sk8seeing/skateseeing-east-london-video.html.