Skaters cool about bringing home the ice trophies
THREE Teams from East London have brought home medals from the British Synchronized Ice Skating championships. The teams from Lee Valley Skating centre in Leyton took two first place’ trophies and a runner-up place at the Open National championships in Sheffield
THREE Teams from East London have brought home medals from the British Synchronized Ice Skating championships.
The teams from the Lee Valley Skating centre in Leyton took two first place’ trophies and a runner-up place at the Open National championships in Sheffield.
The centre has won a trophy from this event every year since 1992—but this time exceeded its wildest dreams.
Winning team in the preliminary category, 17 skaters aged nine to 15, was Lauren and Nicola Goodall from Clapton, Taurean Gustave-Valton from East Ham, Hadisa Awan, Joanne Drum, Sophia Gonzales, Hana Miller and Sasha Suzdaleva from Walthamstow, Aimee Simpson from Chingford, Kornelija Nalivaikaite from Ilford, Courtney Irwin and Naomi Velastegui from Stoke Newington, Abigail and Rosamund Palmer from Mortlake, Becky Daniels from Essex and Troy Stacey and Abigail Stahl from Hertfordshire.
Winning team in the Intermediate section, 17 skaters aged 12 to 19, was Nicola Goodall and Vanessa Nalwoga from Clapton, Hadisa Awan and Joanne Drum from Walthamstow, Aimee Simpson from Chingford, Courtney Collis from Ilford, Sophie Wise from Redbridge, Rio Sully from Enfield, Abigail Fuchs from Shepherds Bush, Charli Dodd from Hertfordshire, Eve Perry, Megan and Ambra Schiavino and Kaye Sharpe from Essex, Abigail and Matthew Stahl and Troy Stacey from Hertfordshire.
The runners up in the Masters’ category, 20 skaters, were Pauline Byles and Anne-Marie Little from East Ham, Amanda Pun and Jamie Richardson from Leyton, Claire Lee from East London, Barbara Waller from Bounds Green, Anne Lauriou from Barnet, Francis Fuchs from Shepherds Bush, Olivia Palmer from Richmond, Deb Biswas from Streatham, Feda Glanville, Elizabeth Gutsell, Heather Neville, Danielle Stanes and Karen Soloman from Essex, Pat Loosemore, Lin Morris and Fiona Warner from Hertfordshire, Geneveve and Francies Glover from Surrey.
The teams all meet weekly at the Lee Valley centre in Lea Bridge Road. Skaters wanting to join can call 020-8533 3154, or send an email to Lee Valley Park.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 8 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi