Skills course for construction jobs for East End’s unemployed
Free lessons to teach skills for the construction industry for anyone on the dole in London’s deprived East End is being set up in May.
Previous courses in the programme have resulted in jobs on East London’s massive 2012 Olympics site.
The 12-week course is open to anyone in Tower Hamlets, one of the ‘host’ boroughs of next year’s Games.
But priority is being given to those on Stepney’s Ocean Estate, the East End’s biggest housing development which is slap in the middle of its own four-year regeneration project.
The course is being organised by East Thames housing group at the Building Crafts College at Anchor House, 81 Barking Road, Canning Town, starting May 3. Deadline for applications is April 8, with travel and expenses included in the deal.
You may also want to watch:
Applicants can call 020-8522 2221, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Families tell developers what's needed on Poplar's Teviot estate at fun day
- 10 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing