Skills course for construction jobs for East End’s unemployed
Free lessons to teach skills for the construction industry for anyone on the dole in London’s deprived East End is being set up in May.
Previous courses in the programme have resulted in jobs on East London’s massive 2012 Olympics site.
The 12-week course is open to anyone in Tower Hamlets, one of the ‘host’ boroughs of next year’s Games.
But priority is being given to those on Stepney’s Ocean Estate, the East End’s biggest housing development which is slap in the middle of its own four-year regeneration project.
The course is being organised by East Thames housing group at the Building Crafts College at Anchor House, 81 Barking Road, Canning Town, starting May 3. Deadline for applications is April 8, with travel and expenses included in the deal.
You may also want to watch:
Applicants can call 020-8522 2221, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Hunt for bogus health worker who gave fake Covid jab to woman of 92