Skills course for construction jobs for East End’s unemployed
Free lessons to teach skills for the construction industry for anyone on the dole in London’s deprived East End is being set up in May.
Previous courses in the programme have resulted in jobs on East London’s massive 2012 Olympics site.
The 12-week course is open to anyone in Tower Hamlets, one of the ‘host’ boroughs of next year’s Games.
But priority is being given to those on Stepney’s Ocean Estate, the East End’s biggest housing development which is slap in the middle of its own four-year regeneration project.
The course is being organised by East Thames housing group at the Building Crafts College at Anchor House, 81 Barking Road, Canning Town, starting May 3. Deadline for applications is April 8, with travel and expenses included in the deal.
You may also want to watch:
Applicants can call 020-8522 2221, or email email@example.com
- 1 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Search is on for next Tower Hamlets Freedom of the Borough award recipient
- 9 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 10 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'