Sky TV pip cops to the post riding high on their bikes
COPS have been pipped at the post by TV media workers to see who gets on their bike more. Staff at Sky TV clocked 62,600 miles to and from work during this year’s London Cycle Challenge’
COPS have been pipped at the post by TV media workers to see who gets on their bike more.
Staff at Sky TV clocked 62,600 miles to and from work during this year’s London Cycle Challenge.’
They were top of the poll, nearly 11,000 miles ahead of the Metropolitan Police who peddled in second out of the 250 organisations across London who took part.
You may also want to watch:
Bankers did well, with Royal Bank of Scotland third at 43,000 miles and Citibank International at Canary Wharf in seventh place with 24,300.
Local authority staff in London’s East End were also pleased with themselves making it into the cycle challenge top 10.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 6 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 7 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 8 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 9 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Tower Hamlets council was in ninth place with 23,200 miles, equal to 27 journeys back and forth from John O’Groats to Lands End, by far the best of all the 24 local authorities who took up the challenge. Islington was the only other council in the top 10 with 22,600 miles.