Sky TV pip cops to the post riding high on their bikes
COPS have been pipped at the post by TV media workers to see who gets on their bike more. Staff at Sky TV clocked 62,600 miles to and from work during this year’s London Cycle Challenge’
COPS have been pipped at the post by TV media workers to see who gets on their bike more.
Staff at Sky TV clocked 62,600 miles to and from work during this year’s London Cycle Challenge.’
They were top of the poll, nearly 11,000 miles ahead of the Metropolitan Police who peddled in second out of the 250 organisations across London who took part.
You may also want to watch:
Bankers did well, with Royal Bank of Scotland third at 43,000 miles and Citibank International at Canary Wharf in seventh place with 24,300.
Local authority staff in London’s East End were also pleased with themselves making it into the cycle challenge top 10.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Tower Hamlets council was in ninth place with 23,200 miles, equal to 27 journeys back and forth from John O’Groats to Lands End, by far the best of all the 24 local authorities who took up the challenge. Islington was the only other council in the top 10 with 22,600 miles.