Sky TV pip cops to the post riding high on their bikes
COPS have been pipped at the post by TV media workers to see who gets on their bike more. Staff at Sky TV clocked 62,600 miles to and from work during this year’s London Cycle Challenge’
COPS have been pipped at the post by TV media workers to see who gets on their bike more.
Staff at Sky TV clocked 62,600 miles to and from work during this year’s London Cycle Challenge.’
They were top of the poll, nearly 11,000 miles ahead of the Metropolitan Police who peddled in second out of the 250 organisations across London who took part.
Bankers did well, with Royal Bank of Scotland third at 43,000 miles and Citibank International at Canary Wharf in seventh place with 24,300.
Local authority staff in London’s East End were also pleased with themselves making it into the cycle challenge top 10.
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 3 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 4 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 5 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 6 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 7 'Lucky' escape: Family flees Bethnal Green fire thanks to fire alarms
- 8 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 9 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 10 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
Tower Hamlets council was in ninth place with 23,200 miles, equal to 27 journeys back and forth from John O’Groats to Lands End, by far the best of all the 24 local authorities who took up the challenge. Islington was the only other council in the top 10 with 22,600 miles.