Small businesses urged to sign up for City of London awards
Small business owners are being urged to apply for awards recognising their contribution to local communities.
The Dragon Awards, run by the City of London Corporation, are open to businesses across east London and aims to recognise the contribution of companies to the areas in which they are based.
Organisers want more small businesses to apply, after they were under-represented in previous years.
Those companies not currently promoting corporate social responsibility are being encouraged to do more to promote volunteering in their communities.
Applications for the awards are now open until May 28, with a range of categories up for grabs.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit: www.dragonawards.org.uk.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 10 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff