Smoking Shoreditch fridge-freezer sees fire crews called
PUBLISHED: 13:48 11 October 2013 | UPDATED: 13:48 11 October 2013
Not many people would consider their fridge-freezer a fire hazard but smoke billowing from a basement forced the brigade to act.
Two pumps from Whitechapel and Shoreditch were called at 9.45pm yesterday to a house in Cheshire Street, Shoreditch.
Wires at the back of the appliance had overheated causing the plastic casing around them to burn and smoke, said watch manager Dean Wilkinson.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East London Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.