Snow fun for kids as East End is blanketed in the white stuff
YOUNGSTERS were making the most of the snow as the cold snap took hold in East London today. Last night’s snowfall transformed parks into winter wonderlands as kids and walkers wrapped up and headed to Victoria Park to enjoy the white stuff
YOUNGSTERS were making the most of the snow as the cold snap took hold in East London today.
Last night’s snowfall transformed parks into winter wonderlands as kids and walkers wrapped up and headed to Victoria Park to enjoy the white stuff.
But the freezing temperatures also caused problems for East End schools with both Manorfield Primary in Poplar and Ian Mikardo High in Bow having to close because of heating problems.
As the Met Office warned that more snow could grip London today, Town Hall bosses at Tower Hamlets were reassuring residents they were prepared for the bad weather.
A council spokeswoman said: “Plans have been put into action to keep essential services operating during this severe winter weather. We have plenty of grit to see us through the bad weather, with deliveries expected throughout the week to ensure that stocks remain high.”
Details of services are on the Tower Hamlets website. Problems can be reported to the council’s Streetline on 020-7364 5004.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents