Snow fun for kids as East End is blanketed in the white stuff
YOUNGSTERS were making the most of the snow as the cold snap took hold in East London today. Last night’s snowfall transformed parks into winter wonderlands as kids and walkers wrapped up and headed to Victoria Park to enjoy the white stuff
YOUNGSTERS were making the most of the snow as the cold snap took hold in East London today.
Last night’s snowfall transformed parks into winter wonderlands as kids and walkers wrapped up and headed to Victoria Park to enjoy the white stuff.
But the freezing temperatures also caused problems for East End schools with both Manorfield Primary in Poplar and Ian Mikardo High in Bow having to close because of heating problems.
As the Met Office warned that more snow could grip London today, Town Hall bosses at Tower Hamlets were reassuring residents they were prepared for the bad weather.
You may also want to watch:
A council spokeswoman said: “Plans have been put into action to keep essential services operating during this severe winter weather. We have plenty of grit to see us through the bad weather, with deliveries expected throughout the week to ensure that stocks remain high.”
Details of services are on the Tower Hamlets website. Problems can be reported to the council’s Streetline on 020-7364 5004.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin
- 10 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme