Snow fun for kids as East End is blanketed in the white stuff
YOUNGSTERS were making the most of the snow as the cold snap took hold in East London today. Last night’s snowfall transformed parks into winter wonderlands as kids and walkers wrapped up and headed to Victoria Park to enjoy the white stuff
YOUNGSTERS were making the most of the snow as the cold snap took hold in East London today.
Last night’s snowfall transformed parks into winter wonderlands as kids and walkers wrapped up and headed to Victoria Park to enjoy the white stuff.
But the freezing temperatures also caused problems for East End schools with both Manorfield Primary in Poplar and Ian Mikardo High in Bow having to close because of heating problems.
As the Met Office warned that more snow could grip London today, Town Hall bosses at Tower Hamlets were reassuring residents they were prepared for the bad weather.
You may also want to watch:
A council spokeswoman said: “Plans have been put into action to keep essential services operating during this severe winter weather. We have plenty of grit to see us through the bad weather, with deliveries expected throughout the week to ensure that stocks remain high.”
Details of services are on the Tower Hamlets website. Problems can be reported to the council’s Streetline on 020-7364 5004.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel