Snow fun for kids as East End is blanketed in the white stuff
YOUNGSTERS were making the most of the snow as the cold snap took hold in East London today. Last night’s snowfall transformed parks into winter wonderlands as kids and walkers wrapped up and headed to Victoria Park to enjoy the white stuff
YOUNGSTERS were making the most of the snow as the cold snap took hold in East London today.
Last night’s snowfall transformed parks into winter wonderlands as kids and walkers wrapped up and headed to Victoria Park to enjoy the white stuff.
But the freezing temperatures also caused problems for East End schools with both Manorfield Primary in Poplar and Ian Mikardo High in Bow having to close because of heating problems.
As the Met Office warned that more snow could grip London today, Town Hall bosses at Tower Hamlets were reassuring residents they were prepared for the bad weather.
You may also want to watch:
A council spokeswoman said: “Plans have been put into action to keep essential services operating during this severe winter weather. We have plenty of grit to see us through the bad weather, with deliveries expected throughout the week to ensure that stocks remain high.”
Details of services are on the Tower Hamlets website. Problems can be reported to the council’s Streetline on 020-7364 5004.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'