Social enterprises get in on 2012 Olympics deals
SOCIAL enterprises in East London are among the 551 companies and organisations which have so far won contracts for the massive 2012 Olympics project, the large percentage of them small and medium size, the Olympics authority revealed this-afternoon
SOCIAL enterprises in East London are among the 551 companies and organisations which have so far won contracts for the massive 2012 Olympics project, the large percentage of them small and medium size firms.
They include Tower Hamlets Bikeworks that will provide bike services to site workers and Hackney Community Transport which won the contract for bussing workers during the construction, the Olympics authority revealed this-afternoon.
A-quarter of the companies are in London, most of them in the host’ boroughs including Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Newham and Waltham Forest. Seven-out-of-10 are small or medium sized firms.
Many more small companies in East London and elsewhere have been supplying the contractors through the supply chain.
You may also want to watch:
“Direct contracts are only the tip of the iceberg,” said Olympics chairman John Armitt. “There are still opportunities up for grabs through the supply chains with companies signing up to our business dating’ agency.”
The London 2012 Business Network
has information about contract and links to business dating’ that matches companies to Olympic 2012 opportunities.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'