Soldiers take to nightclub stage to support Help for Heroes
Three serving soldiers shared their singing talents at an East London nightclub before being presented with a cheque for Help for Heroes on November 30.
The Soldiers group, made up of Sergeant Major Gary Chilton, Sergeant Richie Maddocks and Lance Corporal Ryan Idzi, belted out hits including Mustang Sally at Secrets table dancing club in East Smithfield.
Nightclub owner Stephen Less was then able to present the group with a �2000 cheque, a donation of the club’s profits from the evening.
A further donation will be made to the charity, which helps British servicemen and women wounded in conflict, from staff’s tips in the previous week.
The threesome, who also performed With A Little Help From My Friends, were cheered on by loyal customers, former X Factor singer Ruth Lorenzo and Darren Barker, the British, Commonwealth and European middleweight boxing champion.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Less said: “This is the second fundraising event held at Secrets Tower Bridge within the last three months.
“Both have been a big success and we will therefore continue to organise as many charity events at this club as possible.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
“I will also continue to encourage my staff to raise money for these incredibly worthwhile causes.”