Son accused of murdering mum appears at Old Bailey
A MAN accused of bludgeoning his mother to death appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday (Tuesday) charged with murder. Muhammed Alauddin, 48, allegedly battered 69-year-old Howarum Begum to death last Wednesday evening. Ms Begum s body was found at the fami
A MAN accused of bludgeoning his mother to death appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday (Tuesday) charged with murder.
Muhammed Alauddin, 48, allegedly battered 69-year-old Howarum Begum to death last Wednesday evening.
Ms Begum's body was found at the family home - a seventh floor flat - in Lister House, Lomas Street, near the junction with Vallance Road in Whitechapel, around 10pm.
A post mortem confirmed she suffered severe blunt trauma to the head and chest.
You may also want to watch:
Alauddin was arrested on the same day and later charged with murder.
He appeared via videolink at the Old Bailey for a brief mention hearing. He spoke only to confirm his name and that he understood proceedings.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
No application for bail was made on his behalf.
Judge Peter Thornton QC set a plea and case management hearing for July 2.
Alauddin, of Lister House, Lomas Street, Whitechapel, was remanded in custody.