Son charged with murder of mother, 69, in East End tower block
A MAN has been charged this-morning with the murder of a 69-year-old woman in London’s East End late Wednesday night. He is 48-year-old Mohammed Alauddin, who appears at Thames Magistrates Court today
A MAN has been charged this-morning with the murder of his 69-year-old mother in London’s East End.
He is 48-year-old Mohammed Alauddin, who appears at Thames Magistrates’ court today.
Alauddin is accused of murdering his mother Howarum Begum at Whitechapel’s Lister House tower block in Lomas Street off Vallance Road, where they live, late on Wednesday evening.
Police and ambulance paramedics were called at 10pm to reports of a woman attacked at a flat on the seventh floor of Lister House, where they found Mrs Begum dead in the flat.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem at Poplar Mortuary yesterday (Thursday) gave cause of death as severe blunt trauma to the head and chest.
Mrs Begum, a grandmother, is believed to have lived in the flat with her son. Alaudin was arrested the same evening and subsequently charged with mis mother’s murder, Scotland Yard confirmed this-morning.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 5 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 6 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 7 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 8 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
An incident room was set up at Barking under Det Chief Ins John Macdonald.