Son charged with murder of mother, 69, in East End tower block
A MAN has been charged this-morning with the murder of a 69-year-old woman in London’s East End late Wednesday night. He is 48-year-old Mohammed Alauddin, who appears at Thames Magistrates Court today
A MAN has been charged this-morning with the murder of his 69-year-old mother in London’s East End.
He is 48-year-old Mohammed Alauddin, who appears at Thames Magistrates’ court today.
Alauddin is accused of murdering his mother Howarum Begum at Whitechapel’s Lister House tower block in Lomas Street off Vallance Road, where they live, late on Wednesday evening.
Police and ambulance paramedics were called at 10pm to reports of a woman attacked at a flat on the seventh floor of Lister House, where they found Mrs Begum dead in the flat.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem at Poplar Mortuary yesterday (Thursday) gave cause of death as severe blunt trauma to the head and chest.
Mrs Begum, a grandmother, is believed to have lived in the flat with her son. Alaudin was arrested the same evening and subsequently charged with mis mother’s murder, Scotland Yard confirmed this-morning.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 8 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Three held after shots reportedly fired at house in Bethnal Green
An incident room was set up at Barking under Det Chief Ins John Macdonald.