Son charged with murder of mother, 69, in East End tower block
A MAN has been charged this-morning with the murder of a 69-year-old woman in London’s East End late Wednesday night. He is 48-year-old Mohammed Alauddin, who appears at Thames Magistrates Court today
A MAN has been charged this-morning with the murder of his 69-year-old mother in London’s East End.
He is 48-year-old Mohammed Alauddin, who appears at Thames Magistrates’ court today.
Alauddin is accused of murdering his mother Howarum Begum at Whitechapel’s Lister House tower block in Lomas Street off Vallance Road, where they live, late on Wednesday evening.
Police and ambulance paramedics were called at 10pm to reports of a woman attacked at a flat on the seventh floor of Lister House, where they found Mrs Begum dead in the flat.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem at Poplar Mortuary yesterday (Thursday) gave cause of death as severe blunt trauma to the head and chest.
Mrs Begum, a grandmother, is believed to have lived in the flat with her son. Alaudin was arrested the same evening and subsequently charged with mis mother’s murder, Scotland Yard confirmed this-morning.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 4 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 5 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 6 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 7 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 8 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
An incident room was set up at Barking under Det Chief Ins John Macdonald.