Spanish MEPs—leave our wonky fruit’n’veg alone!
Dear Ed, SPANISH MEPs are trying to get wonky fruit and veg banned again! This could spell misery for farmers whose produce may not fare well at a beauty pageant, but whose quality and flavour are enjoyed and savoured by millions
SPANISH Members of the European Parliament are trying to get wonky fruit and veg banned again!
This could spell misery for farmers whose produce may not fare well at a beauty pageant, but whose quality and flavour are enjoyed and savoured by millions.
The original rules were the butt of jokes for the European Commission and I thought common sense had finally prevailed when they relaxed the rules last July.
But if the Spanish MEPs get their way, we could see the re-introduction of the absurd bendy banana rules.
Needless to say, I will be opposing the move. At the end of the day we should be letting people use their common sense-and telling the Spanish to leave this hot potato alone.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 5 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 8 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
Syed Kamall (Con)
MEP for London
Bridle Close, Kingston Upon Thames