Spanish MEPs—leave our wonky fruit’n’veg alone!
Dear Ed, SPANISH MEPs are trying to get wonky fruit and veg banned again! This could spell misery for farmers whose produce may not fare well at a beauty pageant, but whose quality and flavour are enjoyed and savoured by millions
SPANISH Members of the European Parliament are trying to get wonky fruit and veg banned again!
This could spell misery for farmers whose produce may not fare well at a beauty pageant, but whose quality and flavour are enjoyed and savoured by millions.
The original rules were the butt of jokes for the European Commission and I thought common sense had finally prevailed when they relaxed the rules last July.
You may also want to watch:
But if the Spanish MEPs get their way, we could see the re-introduction of the absurd bendy banana rules.
Needless to say, I will be opposing the move. At the end of the day we should be letting people use their common sense-and telling the Spanish to leave this hot potato alone.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
Syed Kamall (Con)
MEP for London
Bridle Close, Kingston Upon Thames