Spar with a boxing champ for charity Movember
- Credit: 12x3
A Whitechapel boxing club is joining the fight for better men’s health.
Gym 12x3, in Alie Street, is inviting fitness fanatics to grow a moustache and raise money for the Movember Foundation.
The charity aims to draw attention to men’s health issues such as prostate cancer and suicide.
Fundraisers can spar with top coaches including 2013 IBF Middleweight World Champion Darren Barker at the end of the month, the “luxury boxing club” has said.
“Men often don’t like talking about the health issues they are facing. We have to change that,” said Darren, 35.
You may also want to watch:
Suicide is the main cause of death for UK men aged 20 to 49. About one in eight men will get prostate cancer at some point in their lives, according to Prostate Cancer UK.
Men and women can call 0208 032 4067 or visit 12x3gym.co.uk to get involved in fundraising.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park