Spitalfields bonanza aims to get Londoners on their bikes
Londoners’ love affair with two wheels is being celebrated this week with a three-day Bike Bonanza at Old Spitalfields Market.
Visitors can try their luck at bike bowling, put their skills to the test on the purpose-built track on one of six test bikes or take in the free entertainment provided by expert cyclists.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) shoppers can even relax and watch a movie projected by pedal power.
Teams of two can take part in bike bowling with two attempts to knock down ten cones, while the game of Claq Ataq teaches visitors to attach a magnetic reflector to three parts of a steel bike from a darts distance.
The three day event, which began yesterday (Monday) is designed to showcase cycling and encourage more Londoners to take up two wheels.
You may also want to watch:
The Bike Bonanza at the Commercial Street market runs until 4pm today (Tuesday) and from noon-4pm tomorrow.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 8 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 9 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant