Spitalfields bonanza aims to get Londoners on their bikes
Londoners’ love affair with two wheels is being celebrated this week with a three-day Bike Bonanza at Old Spitalfields Market.
Visitors can try their luck at bike bowling, put their skills to the test on the purpose-built track on one of six test bikes or take in the free entertainment provided by expert cyclists.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) shoppers can even relax and watch a movie projected by pedal power.
Teams of two can take part in bike bowling with two attempts to knock down ten cones, while the game of Claq Ataq teaches visitors to attach a magnetic reflector to three parts of a steel bike from a darts distance.
The three day event, which began yesterday (Monday) is designed to showcase cycling and encourage more Londoners to take up two wheels.
You may also want to watch:
The Bike Bonanza at the Commercial Street market runs until 4pm today (Tuesday) and from noon-4pm tomorrow.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End