Spitalfields bonanza aims to get Londoners on their bikes
Londoners’ love affair with two wheels is being celebrated this week with a three-day Bike Bonanza at Old Spitalfields Market.
Visitors can try their luck at bike bowling, put their skills to the test on the purpose-built track on one of six test bikes or take in the free entertainment provided by expert cyclists.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) shoppers can even relax and watch a movie projected by pedal power.
Teams of two can take part in bike bowling with two attempts to knock down ten cones, while the game of Claq Ataq teaches visitors to attach a magnetic reflector to three parts of a steel bike from a darts distance.
The three day event, which began yesterday (Monday) is designed to showcase cycling and encourage more Londoners to take up two wheels.
You may also want to watch:
The Bike Bonanza at the Commercial Street market runs until 4pm today (Tuesday) and from noon-4pm tomorrow.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt