Spitalfields City Farm hosts ‘moosic’ festival to raise money for new cows
- Credit: Archant
Farmers are planning a “moosic festival” to raise enough money to buy two new cows.
Spitalfields City Farm’s CowFest is set to feature local bands Pasco Tom and Brave Yesterday, and the event will also boast milky treats, beefy snacks, cow-themed market stalls, and beers made by the Concrete Cow Brewery.
Farmyard coordinator Jenny Bettenson said: “Calling all cowboys, cowgirls, cowherds and anybody else who wants an udder-ly fantastic time.
“All money donated and profits from sales will go towards acquiring two of the loveliest bovines money can buy.
“With your help local families will be able to experience the true source of their daily milk, cheese, butter, yoghurt and ghee.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival will take place at the farm in Buxton Street on Sunday, March 24, from 12-6pm. There is a suggested donation of £5 for a ticket.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel