Spitalfields City Farm hosts ‘moosic’ festival to raise money for new cows
- Credit: Archant
Farmers are planning a “moosic festival” to raise enough money to buy two new cows.
Spitalfields City Farm’s CowFest is set to feature local bands Pasco Tom and Brave Yesterday, and the event will also boast milky treats, beefy snacks, cow-themed market stalls, and beers made by the Concrete Cow Brewery.
Farmyard coordinator Jenny Bettenson said: “Calling all cowboys, cowgirls, cowherds and anybody else who wants an udder-ly fantastic time.
“All money donated and profits from sales will go towards acquiring two of the loveliest bovines money can buy.
“With your help local families will be able to experience the true source of their daily milk, cheese, butter, yoghurt and ghee.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival will take place at the farm in Buxton Street on Sunday, March 24, from 12-6pm. There is a suggested donation of £5 for a ticket.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 6 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 9 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences