Spitalfields City Farm's baby seagull makes quite a splash
GULLIVER has the most luxurious diet of any seagull in the East End as he chows down on hand-fed prawns, salmon, and trout three times a day. But from next week, the month-old seagull who has been living at Spitalfields City Farm will try Brick Lane curry
By Biz Carson
GULLIVER has the most luxurious diet of any seagull in the East End as he chows down on hand-fed prawns, salmon, and trout three times a day.
But from next week, the month-old seagull who has been living at Spitalfields City Farm will try his first taste of Brick Lane curry, KFC and Burger King as he prepares for life in the wild.
"He's going to be a real food snob," said Helen Galland, farmyard manager.
You may also want to watch:
"But we have to acclimatise him to the variety of food he'll be able to find on his own in the wild. He can't eat only salmon the rest of his life."
Helen got Gulliver at a vet after two girls found him in an alleyway in Leyton. They originally thought he had a broken right leg, but two days later, Gulliver is fully capable of standing on his own.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
"You should've seen him then," Helen laughed. "He looked like a drunkard, wobbling about his cage."
Gulliver will have to stay at least another eight weeks at the East London farm until he grows his feathers and gets used to water.
At that time, Helen will probably drive him to the Isle of Dogs and release him into the wild to become an urban seagull.