Spitalfields City Farm's baby seagull makes quite a splash
GULLIVER has the most luxurious diet of any seagull in the East End as he chows down on hand-fed prawns, salmon, and trout three times a day. But from next week, the month-old seagull who has been living at Spitalfields City Farm will try Brick Lane curry
By Biz Carson
GULLIVER has the most luxurious diet of any seagull in the East End as he chows down on hand-fed prawns, salmon, and trout three times a day.
But from next week, the month-old seagull who has been living at Spitalfields City Farm will try his first taste of Brick Lane curry, KFC and Burger King as he prepares for life in the wild.
"He's going to be a real food snob," said Helen Galland, farmyard manager.
You may also want to watch:
"But we have to acclimatise him to the variety of food he'll be able to find on his own in the wild. He can't eat only salmon the rest of his life."
Helen got Gulliver at a vet after two girls found him in an alleyway in Leyton. They originally thought he had a broken right leg, but two days later, Gulliver is fully capable of standing on his own.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 5 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
"You should've seen him then," Helen laughed. "He looked like a drunkard, wobbling about his cage."
Gulliver will have to stay at least another eight weeks at the East London farm until he grows his feathers and gets used to water.
At that time, Helen will probably drive him to the Isle of Dogs and release him into the wild to become an urban seagull.