Spitalfields clothes swap to raise cash for summer courses
AN EDUCATION which offers a range of inspirational courses for young people during the summer is holding an outfit exchange to raise cash to send five students on their courses this summer. It is hoped that the clothes swap at Futureversity in Fournier S
AN EDUCATION charity which offers a range of inspirational courses for young people during the summer is holding an outfit exchange to raise cash to send five students on their courses this summer.
It is hoped that the clothes swap at Futureversity in Fournier Street, in Spitalfields will raise �500 for the charity which used to be called Tower Hamlets Summer University.
The event runs from 5pm to 8pm on Thursday (July 8) and guests are invited to bring a bag of clean and ironed clothes which they can swap for a whole new wardrobe, for only �5.00. There will also be refreshments and cakes on sale. Courses on offer for 11 to 25-year-olds range from fashion to first aid.
Tower Hamlets Summer University started life in 1995 but quickly outgrew Tower hamlets and is offering 65,000 courses at 31 summer universities this year.
You may also want to watch:
Further details are available at www.futureversity.org
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 5 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs