Spitalfields clothes swap to raise cash for summer courses
AN EDUCATION which offers a range of inspirational courses for young people during the summer is holding an outfit exchange to raise cash to send five students on their courses this summer. It is hoped that the clothes swap at Futureversity in Fournier S
AN EDUCATION charity which offers a range of inspirational courses for young people during the summer is holding an outfit exchange to raise cash to send five students on their courses this summer.
It is hoped that the clothes swap at Futureversity in Fournier Street, in Spitalfields will raise �500 for the charity which used to be called Tower Hamlets Summer University.
The event runs from 5pm to 8pm on Thursday (July 8) and guests are invited to bring a bag of clean and ironed clothes which they can swap for a whole new wardrobe, for only �5.00. There will also be refreshments and cakes on sale. Courses on offer for 11 to 25-year-olds range from fashion to first aid.
Tower Hamlets Summer University started life in 1995 but quickly outgrew Tower hamlets and is offering 65,000 courses at 31 summer universities this year.
You may also want to watch:
Further details are available at www.futureversity.org
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Rotherhithe tunnel to close all next week for urgent repairs