Spitalfields clothes swap to raise cash for summer courses
AN EDUCATION which offers a range of inspirational courses for young people during the summer is holding an outfit exchange to raise cash to send five students on their courses this summer. It is hoped that the clothes swap at Futureversity in Fournier S
AN EDUCATION charity which offers a range of inspirational courses for young people during the summer is holding an outfit exchange to raise cash to send five students on their courses this summer.
It is hoped that the clothes swap at Futureversity in Fournier Street, in Spitalfields will raise �500 for the charity which used to be called Tower Hamlets Summer University.
The event runs from 5pm to 8pm on Thursday (July 8) and guests are invited to bring a bag of clean and ironed clothes which they can swap for a whole new wardrobe, for only �5.00. There will also be refreshments and cakes on sale. Courses on offer for 11 to 25-year-olds range from fashion to first aid.
Tower Hamlets Summer University started life in 1995 but quickly outgrew Tower hamlets and is offering 65,000 courses at 31 summer universities this year.
You may also want to watch:
Further details are available at www.futureversity.org
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 8 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow