Spitalfields clothes swap to raise cash for summer courses
AN EDUCATION which offers a range of inspirational courses for young people during the summer is holding an outfit exchange to raise cash to send five students on their courses this summer. It is hoped that the clothes swap at Futureversity in Fournier S
AN EDUCATION charity which offers a range of inspirational courses for young people during the summer is holding an outfit exchange to raise cash to send five students on their courses this summer.
It is hoped that the clothes swap at Futureversity in Fournier Street, in Spitalfields will raise �500 for the charity which used to be called Tower Hamlets Summer University.
The event runs from 5pm to 8pm on Thursday (July 8) and guests are invited to bring a bag of clean and ironed clothes which they can swap for a whole new wardrobe, for only �5.00. There will also be refreshments and cakes on sale. Courses on offer for 11 to 25-year-olds range from fashion to first aid.
Tower Hamlets Summer University started life in 1995 but quickly outgrew Tower hamlets and is offering 65,000 courses at 31 summer universities this year.
Further details are available at www.futureversity.org
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network