Spitalfields clothes swap to raise cash for summer courses
AN EDUCATION which offers a range of inspirational courses for young people during the summer is holding an outfit exchange to raise cash to send five students on their courses this summer. It is hoped that the clothes swap at Futureversity in Fournier S
AN EDUCATION charity which offers a range of inspirational courses for young people during the summer is holding an outfit exchange to raise cash to send five students on their courses this summer.
It is hoped that the clothes swap at Futureversity in Fournier Street, in Spitalfields will raise �500 for the charity which used to be called Tower Hamlets Summer University.
The event runs from 5pm to 8pm on Thursday (July 8) and guests are invited to bring a bag of clean and ironed clothes which they can swap for a whole new wardrobe, for only �5.00. There will also be refreshments and cakes on sale. Courses on offer for 11 to 25-year-olds range from fashion to first aid.
Tower Hamlets Summer University started life in 1995 but quickly outgrew Tower hamlets and is offering 65,000 courses at 31 summer universities this year.
You may also want to watch:
Further details are available at www.futureversity.org
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing